Brand: Hirt's Gardens
- To insure that your Hardy Banana was grown in Ohio, check the return address on the parcel.
- This specimen will survive temperatures as low as -20 if mulched. Northern grown for improved hardiness..
- The leaves are used for grilling fish and tamales.
- Beautiful deep green clump can grow up to 18' tall or more. Amazingly fast growing.
- The Hardy, Ohio Grown starter plant you will receive is growing in a 4" pot.
Package Dimensions: 14.0 x 4.0 x 4.0 inches
Publisher: Hirt's Gardens
Details: To insure that your Hardy Banana was grown in Ohio, check the return address on the parcel. Banana plants grown in the North have proven to be much hardier than warm climate grown bananas. Hardy Basjoo Banana Plant - Musa basjoo. Amazing "hardy tropical" banana for the north or south, though native to the Ryukyu Archipelago which lies between Japan and Taiwan, Musa basjoo is also very common in parts of China. This specimen will survive temperatures as low as -20 if mulched. Full sun with lots of water & fertilizer to achieve the amazing growth rate, but it will do fine in light shade as well. Beautiful deep green clump can grow up to 18' tall or more, and really gives a tropical warm sunny feeling. Great for any place in the garden, especially great around pools or patios, courtyards and wonderful in a border with other colorful perennials & grasses. Fruit will set from white flowers if the tree can achieve over 25-35 leaves in one season and talk about texture, leaves can grow 2'x 6'!!!. Mix with fine and medium textured plants for variety. The leaves are also used grilling fish and tamales.