Brand: Wellspring Gardens
- Receive a FREE sample of Wellspring Gardens' proprietary fertilizer blend!
- You will be receiving 1 plant between 3 & 8 inches in a 3 inch deep pot.
- Growing your own fruit results in better tasting and better for you delights!
- Primary replacement for the Gros Michel Banana.
- Grow bananas like you buy at the store, just much tastier!
Details: This is the most popular of greenhouse bananas. It became the primary replacement for the Gros Michel Banana which was destroyed by a disease in the 1950's. The name 'Dwarf Cavendish' is in reference to the height of the plant, not the medium sized fruit. It is one of the most commonly planted banana varieties in commercial production and is the group from which other commercial varieties such as Gran Nain are derived. Make an exotic Chilean treat with your home grown bananas: "Leche con plátano" Just peel, dice and partially freeze your bananas. If needed let your bananas thaw a bit, put them in a blender with some milk and give them a whirl making it as thick or thin as you like. While it's not actually particularly exotic it makes for a delicious taste experience on a hot summer day or any day of the year (and puts those bananas to good use!) Zones 8-10. You will be receiving 1 plant between 3 & 8 inches in a 3 inch deep pot.